Title: Visual Designer
- Produced exciting, user-centric visual design solutions within an aggressive project timeline, while managing several priorities at once.
- Creation of rapid HTML prototypes to help facilitate communication among project team and demonstrate proposed solution to front-end and CMS development teams.
- Created standards and visual guidelines for use of new components to be added to the brand standard pattern library.
- Creation and presentation of visual design mockups, prototypes and presentation documents to the line of business and project stakeholders.
- Collaborate on cross functional team of Interaction Designers, Content Strategists, SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), Front End Development & CMS Development teams. Quickly come up to speed on complex, existing systems.
- Uphold and evolve brand standards with a user-centric and mobile-first approach while adhering to business and project goals.
Flying Bridge Technologies
Title: Web Designer
Responsible for the design and front-end development (HTML, CSS, JQuery) of User Interfaces and Interactions.
- Brick and Mortar Retailer with an existing but under performing website and online presence:
- Conducted series of in-depth workshops with client and stakeholders to analyze current website functionality and user experience. Included an analysis of current traffic, bounce rates, conversion rates, exit pages and competitors.
- Identified deficiencies and provided specific opportunities to better target user personas including improvements
to search capabilities, membership and checkout process, search engine optimization and social media integration
- Created and presented interactive wireframes and prototypes demonstrating enhancements and new user task flows
- UI Design and front-end development of catalog sample retail website with rapid turnaround:
- Design and front end development of a mobile-first, responsive website with a user interface to match existing corporate website’s look and feel
- Accelerated back end development timeframe by creating wireframes detailing the site’s three potential user checkout processes. Project delivery allowed client to showcase finished site at industry trade show.
- Design and production of print ads, press kits, marketing materials and product catalogs for line of children&s bedding and nursery items
- Created and maintained blog to increase product awareness in target audience and improve search engine ranking
- Secured manufacturing of products resulting in a doubling of sales
Title: Art Director
- Directed team of four designers in creation of websites and multi-media productions
- Organized work flow and project schedules of my team, gathered project requirements
- Clients included: American College of Cardiology, Wyeth-Ayerst, Knoll Pharmaceuticals
Title: Web Designer
- Design and front end development of websites adhering to brand standards
- Provided maintenance and implemented enhancements to existing websites
Title: Environmental Graphic Designer
- Responsible for conceptual design, client presentation, and preparation of final digital artwork for printers and fabricators.
- Strong emphasis on client interaction
- Clients included: Marriott Corporation, Texas Rangers Baseball Club, The United States Tennis Association, Time Life, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, North Carolina Museum of History and Owens Corning.
Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat), Bootstrap, Sublime, Dreamweaver, FileZilla,
HTML5 CSS3, JQuery, SEO best practices, WordPress theme editing, Axure, Articulate Storyline, Powerpoint,
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), Digital Photography, HTML email, HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification
Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Boston MA
BFA in Graphic Design
Charlotte User Experience Meetup Group, Charlotte Front End Developers, Girl Develop It Charlotte, AIGA